As I was driving to work this morning, I was thinking about how awesome a responsibility it is to take others into the Presence of God in worship. Not only is it a responsibility, but an honor and privilege to be used in such a way. Had anyone asked me 10 years ago if I saw myself being used the way God uses me, I’d have told them to hush up and keep moving! God truly has a sense of humor. He took little me from the back, put me in the front, opened my mouth and set me free. Don’t get it twisted – the last thing I want, ever, is attention. I struggled with this for many years, but I have learned a few things along the way I’d like to share.
1) God is God, His purpose for you is always the best. Stop fighting it and surrender. I promise, you’ll feel so much better!
2) You cannot stand in the Presence of our Holy and Mighty God and NOT be changed! If you are still exactly the same as you’ve always been, you’ve not been in His Presence. It’s that simple.
3) When I meet Him in the secret place, I desire for others to experience Him the way I do. It’s AH-MAZING! I guarantee that!
4) To desire His Presence over perfection, performance and posturing is the most important thing. His Presence is perfection.
5) There is no wrong time to worship the Lord, there’s no wrong time to praise His name! All creation tells of His Glory, why shouldn’t we?
6) Worship is ministry. We minister to the Lord, He ministers through us to others. Allowing room for spontaneous and prophetic worship is one of the many ways His Spirit encourages and edifies the Body, while at the same time healing the hurting and broken hearts. When we worship in one accord, watch out, great things happen! And when we listen closely, we’ll hear Him singing over us!
7) Pursue God. Pursue Him with all your heart, all your mind and all your strength! Pursuit of God strengthens us for His Purpose and enables us to be a vessel He works through.
8) Pray unceasingly. Cultivate a thankful and compassionate heart, seek heavenly wisdom in all things. Decrease yourself so that He may increase. Humility still goes a long way despite what this world says.
9)There is no substitute for God’s Word. When it is in your heart, the overflow will manifest where you pour it out. Strive to pour out what God has put in you, others need what you have. Give it.
10) We really only have an audience of One. God is the only one that matters. We should not seek approval or validation from man – our identity and worth should not come from who they think we should be, but who God says WE ARE.